My qualifications include
- a translator’s certificate which is state-recognized,
- studies of German and English literature
- a half-year term in Newcastle upon Tyne,
- additional classes in Business English, und
- an apprenticeship as industrial clerk.
The texts I translate include
- essays and treatises
- company brochures
- product information sheets
- press articles
My fields of specialisation are
- tourism and travel
- business and commerce
- social sciences
I have proofreading experience with
- several editions of a literature magazine
- In order to guarantee consistency in terms, I use Trados 6.5, a Translation Memory Tool.
- In addition to this I use most up-to-date dictionaries and internet resources.
- Dedication to translation and a passion for languages
A good translation sounds like an original.
When you assign a job to me, this job gets highest priority. I will work evenings and weeksends without extra charge in order to finish this job within the agreed time and withtout loss of quality.
For a good translation you need time. After all you do not want just a string of words but also proper words used in certain contexts and finally the right sound.
If you have a job which I cannot finish alone until your desired delivery day, I will ask some colleagues to join me in order to stay within the deadline and at the same time meet the quality requirements.